D&P provides exhibit project management, production, and technology systems services to museums, educational institutions, visitor and information centers, science and nature centers, and major expositions throughout the United States and abroad.
For more than 65 years, D&P has produced museum-quality exhibit work. Our services include prefabrication consulting, project management, exhibit engineering/detailing, prototyping, installation, and commissioning as well as media and lighting systems.
Who We are
D&P is a highly skilled organization with a professional and technical staff of more than 100 personnel. Housed in a modern, fully equipped, 150,000 square foot office and production facility, including 40,000 square feet of exhibit set-up and storage space. D&P is a privately held company incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We are located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
We are classified as a small business under relevant federal government codes. We hold contractor licenses in several states. Contact us for more information regarding our operating or licensure status for your state.
The museum community recognizes D&P as an advocate of highly collaborative project processes. We understand the passion, patience, and perseverance required to create a successful exhibit and value the intense work that goes into exhibit planning and development. We respect our clients' goals and the project designers' intent, and we strive to be faithful to both with the ultimate goal of delivering a completely satisfying, on-time, and on-budget project.
- Pre-fabrication consulting
- Project management
- Cost estimating and exhibit budgeting
- Mock-ups and prototyping
- Exhibit production, engineering, and detailing
- Exhibit fabrication and installation
- Graphic design support and production
- Media and lighting systems design, engineering, and integration
- Lighting systems
- Interactive engineering and production
- Artifact mounting
Each D&P project is led by a dedicated project team that works closely with the executive staff to ensure that the project is completed on time, on budget, and to the client's satisfaction.
D&P's Technology Systems grouop develops and integrates multiple platform computer systems for museum delivery systems, government and commercial interoperability centers, and themed public attractions.
Our specialists support architects, exhibit and interior designers, and corporate or governmental design and AV departments. We provide feasibility studies, equipment analysis and recommendations, cost analysis, operational and maintenance requirements, and the engineering and assembly of prototype units.
- Front- and rear-screen projection systems for motion pictures, video and multimedia
- Computer-graphic presentation systems
- Large-format video
- Interactive computer and computer-video systems
- Electronic status boards
- Multiple-mode lighting and control systems
- Simultaneous translation and hearing assistance systems
- Automated and manual sliding panel systems
- Sound recording and playback systems
- Teleconferencing systems
- Computer-animated visual environments
MAJOR PRODUCT LINES
D&P has distributor/dealer and/or service agreements with most major manufacturers. Our staff is factory-trained and certified. These manufacturers offer a depth of resources and support on the development of new system applications. D&P's Media and Lighting Systems Division has in-depth experience with each of the following products:
- AMX Advanced Remote Control Systems – Netlinx Certified
- Medialon – Show Control – Manufacturer Certified
- Christie Digital Classroom and Projection Systems
- Christie Digital Projection
- Digital Projection
- Barco, Incorporated, Large Screen Display Products
- Sony (Government Systems Integrator)
- Watchout, Alcorn McBride, Seventh Sense and Roku Video Servers
- Audio Amplifiers and Speakers by BSS, Crown, QSC, Peavey Media Matrix
- Audio Delivery Systems by JBL, Tannoy, EAW
- Lighting Systems Incorporated (LSI)
- Electronic Theater Controls (ETC)
- Fiberstars, Inc.
- Fiber Optics Systems
- Color Kinetics LED Systems
- Digital Projection Displays and Projectors
- Extron Signal Processors
D&P’s Lighting Systems engineers are expert in a wide range of low-voltage lighting interfaces, programs, and applications. Our staff's wide experience includes developing custom lighting design and producing successful installations in permanent museum exhibitions.
- Systems planning, design, engineering, and installation
- Equipment specification, procurement, modification, integration, and testing
- Prototyping and optical engineering
- Control programming, duplication, and testing
- Preparation of operation manuals and training
- Preventive maintenance services
We have applied LED technology to overall exhibition lighting; interior case lighting; artifact and specimen lighting; environmental and “mood” lighting; and a variety of unique special effects for our custom-designed and custom-built museum exhibitions.
Pre-fabrication services bring the client, content developers, designers, and project managers/fabricators together to develop an execution plan that will achieve the project’s interpretive, schedule, and budget goals. During pre-fabrication consulting, we work with the client and the client’s designer to analyze the project’s build-ability. Our engineering team builds the project in Autocad to test proof of concept, while the Lead Estimator produces interim budget analyses and the Project Manager develops preliminary schedules. We recommend project approaches based on our knowledge and experience, as well as the client's budget and priorities.
Since 1949, D&P has supported the greater museum community. We are an active member of several professional organizations and associations.
American Alliance of Museums (AAM)
Association of Science - Technology Centers (ASTC)
American Association for State and Local History (AASLH)
International Communications Industries Association (ICIA)
International Sports Heritage Association (ISHA)
National Association for Museum Exhibition (NAME)
Society for Environmental Graphic Design (SEGD)
Themed Entertainment Association (TEA)
Southeastern Museums Conference (SEMC)
Virginia Association of Museums (VAM)
Mid-Atlantic Association of Museums (MAAM)
Advertising, membership, and sponsorship questions may be directed to email@example.com.